These pumpkin cheesecake bars are gluten free and so creamy, that you’d never know they’re secretly healthy, naturally sweetened and only 150 calories!
For the crust
- 2 Tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 1/3 Cup Coconut oil, at room temperature (it should be the consistency of softened butter)
- 3/4 Cup Coconut flour, sifted (66g)
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- Pinch of salt
For the cheesecake
- 8oz Reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (not fat-free!)
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar (brown sugar works too)
- 1/2 Cup Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 Large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 Tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang over the sides of the pan. Lightly grease the tinfoil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the maple syrup, molasses and coconut oil together using an electric hand beater until creamy and well combined. Stir in the coconut flour, ginger powder and salt until it forms a dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake until lightly golden brown, about 7-8 minutes. Your crust will probably have risen and cracked a little bit when it comes out of the oven, use the pack of a large spoon to pack it down so it’s flat and crack-free. Let cool for 30 minutes before starting the cheesecake layer. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Once the crust has cooled, beat the softened cream cheese and coconut sugar in a large bowl until fluffy and combined. Add in the canned pumpkin and beat just until combined. Finally, add in the egg and pumpkin pie spice and beat just until mixed, scraping down the sides as needed. Make sure you beat just until everything is smooth and creamy, as overbeating cheesecake causes it to crack while baking.
- Place the cheesecake into the oven and bake until the sides just begin to rise and the center feels set, but is still a little jiggly, about 30 minutes. Turn off the oven heat, crack the oven door a little bit and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes before removing it and letting it cool to room temperature on a cooling rack. Once room temperature, cover the cheesecake and refrigerate for AT LEAST 4 hours to overnight.
- Once chilled, slice into squares and DEVOUR!