When we practice meditation we need to have a comfortable seat and a good posture. The most important feature of the posture is to keep our back straight. To help us do this, if we are sitting on a cushion we make sure that the back of the cushion is slightly higher than the front, inclining our pelvis slightly forward. It is not necessary at first to sit cross-legged, but it is a good idea to become accustomed to sitting in the posture of Buddha Vairochana. If we cannot hold this posture we should sit in one which is as close to this as possible while remaining comfortable. Continue reading “The Best Meditation Posture”
Perfectly Fluffy Vegan Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons Earth Balance (vegan margarine), cut into medium sized pieces
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
1. Preheat your oven to 400. In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
2. With your fingers or a pastry cutter cut in the Earth Balance pieces until they are the size of peas.
Research continues to show that massage therapy can be effective for a number of conditions and demographics. See how massage therapy can play an important role in health and wellness regimes. If you have a medical conditon, always check with your doctor before beginning massage therapy.
Continue reading “Massage for Health Conditions”