Tips for Staying Healthy, Courtesy of Mother Nature
You’ll love this fun holiday spin on healthy no bake energy bites! My No Bake Peppermint Fudge Energy Bites recipe tastes amazing and is the perfect healthy holiday treat
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Serves: 9 bites
- ½ cup cup raw almonds
- ⅓ cup pitted medjool dates (about 6)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed peppermint
- Put almonds in a food processor and chop.
- Add the dates and blend well.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract. peppermint extract, and coconut oil. Blend for several minutes until starting to combine. Add a couple drops of water if necessary to help it move.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few final times to combine well. You don’t want to pulverize the chocolate though.
- Take a heaping teaspoon of the mixture in your hand and roll into a ball. The coconut oil will soften and it will be very messy. The warmth of your hand will allow the coconut oil to help bind the bite. You will end up pushing it more together than actually rolling it. While it is still warm press into the peppermint.
- Allow the finished bites to set in the fridge for 30 minutes to re-solidify the coconut oil.