Kick off your holiday baking with these tasty dairy free molasses cookies! Your heart and home will be filled with joy when these delicious treats come out of the oven. Enjoy!
Author: Alisa Fleming
Serves: About 3 dozen cookies
- ⅔ cup grapeseed, vegetable, or melted coconut oil
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg or 1 Ener-G “Egg” (for egg-free)
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup white sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil and sugars. Beat in the egg, molasses, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 2-1/4 cups of the flour, the baking soda, and the pices.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture in your large mixing bowl until fully incorporated. If the dough isn’t firm or seems too greasy, add a little extra flour.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, roll them in the ⅓ cup sugar and place them a few inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until beginning to look firm around the edges.
- Remove them to a wire wrack or wax paper to cool. Repeat with remaining dough (I bake one sheet at a time).