Recipe for Medicated Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons canna-chocolate sauce (see below for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional: whipped cream and cinnamon stick garnish
- In a small sauce pot, heat milk and sugar on medium-low until sugar completely dissolves.
- Continue heating milk to a low rolling simmer, and then remove from heat.
- Stir in canna-chocolate sauce and spices.
- Serve in a heat-proof mug and top with whip cream and a cinnamon stick.
Recipe for Canna-Chocolate Sauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- 1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Place sugar, flour, and cocoa powder in a bowl; whisk gently until combined and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, heat milk on medium-low to medium heat just until a gentle rolling bubble begins.
- Turn heat off and whisk in cannabutter and vanilla extract; whisk gently until completely combined (approx. 1 – 2 mins).
- While mixture is still warm, whisk in dry ingredients a little at a time.
- Stir constantly for 6 minutes, and finish with a pinch of salt.
- Pour into glass jar with a tight fitting lid, and use immediately or store in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.